Pregnancy Update - 30 Weeks

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

(less than) 10 weeks to go!

Oh. My. Goodness.
This pregnancy is going by so fast!
I can't believe that our little girl will be here in 10 weeks (or less).
Lord knows I'm ready for her to be here!
Her arrival date is set for July 2, but I have a gut feeling that she is going to be a June bug.


Here's what's new:
Mid-March I went in for another ultrasound to see if my [marginal] previa had cleared... 
and it did!
I had my glucose tolerance test and passed! It was not as bad as I have heard.
Its kind of like a super sweet sprite - a little stomach upset afterwards but not too bad.
Luckily my OB/GYN office is right next to Whole Foods so I immediately
went over there and macked down on a pint of soup! Problem solved.

Miss Hayley is growing and growing.
Her movements are getting softer because she is running out of room
to do round-house kicks and now just kind of rolls and stretches her
arms and legs as far as she can (and a little farther sometimes).
The only complaint I have here is that her adorable little feet tend to
find and kick on the exact same spot on my uterus every. single. time.
I am not sure if bruising is possible from this, but its becoming quite unpleasant
and then I remember how cute her little feet must be :)

My new favorite pregnancy thing: baby hiccups!
They are so so cute. just little *ticks* in my belly.

Slowly but surely her clothing collection is growing!
My mother-in-law scored a ton of cute clothes at a garage sale
*a tip for mamas-to-be: do this! Babies outgrow their clothes so fast
so garage sale clothes are very gently used - if at all -
some still had tags on them.
And my mom took to Etsy and stacked Hayley's headband & bow collection. 

Over the next few weeks I will begin to pack our hospital bags
(just in case!)
and of course I'll let you know what is in there when I actually have it figured out.
I have already plotted mine and my husband's fastest routes to the hospital 
- we work on opposite ends of the city -
and have booked our Hospital Tour!
We decided to forego formal birthing classes for the sake of time and convenience.
I did find a free online Birthing Course from Baby Center and will let you know how it goes.
I asked my OB and she said that with the internet and books, you already know most of what you need to and to definitely take the time (and money) to partake in an Infant CPR class
which is offered at our Hospital.


If you have fur babies:
As we have been receiving things for the baby,
we have been letting our dog, Shelby, get used to the items.
She is our personal baby-product-inspector!
She is allowed smell everything but tries to take it in her mouth.
We are allowing her to lick the items so she can get a better sense of what they are
and we let her know that these things are "Hayley's".
- everything still needs to be washed so as of now we are not concerned with her licking things -
We are teaching her "Leave it" and so far she is doing very well :)
Every once in a while she will get a hold of something and just cuddle up with it.
Except for this super cute lady bug jacket... She must think it's a giant bug haha 
Fingers crossed that she doesn't destroy anything!
Shelby will be about 2 years old when Hayley is born; she is maturing and 
coming out of her puppy phase.
She is showing us signs that she will be a good Nana to Hayley
and I cannot wait to see them bond and grow up together!



Sorry I do not have a picture for this update; we have been extremely busy
(and I have mostly been forgetful)
but I have included this lovely too-real-life-to-handle illustration from Lin Severinsen.
 To see more of her adorable/hilarious illustrations on pregnancy and motherhood:
http://www.kosogkaos.no/

Stay tuned for my next update in a few weeks!
(with photos, I promise!)

0 comments