We're Expecting!

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

There has been a legitimate reason for my lack of 
activity for the last 2 months...

I'm Pregnant!

We found out a few days before Halloween
and since the first week of November or so, 
I have not been able to conjure up as many posts, recipes,
or DIY as I would have liked
because all of my energy has been spent making a little one.
(and combating nausea, and sleeping, and trying to eat)

But I have just entered my 2nd trimester and am finally beginning to feel
more like myself, although still a bit sleepy most of the day.

I am so excited to share this journey with you 
and give you my tips, tricks, and do-and-don'ts
from my experience so far.

Weeks 4-8:

were by far the absolute worst!
I had trouble keep my eyes open and
ended up telling my boss the news sooner than I had 
planned so she would understand why I was taking 
little cat naps throughout the day.
(also, she told me she has a super power for
telling that women are pregnant before they
tell her, so I wanted to beat her to the punch!)

Before I even found out I was pregnant, I bought my prenatal vitamins,
started reading up on "What to Expect...", changed my diet
and developed a post-shower lotion routine.
(we were SO ready to have a baby!)

6 days before Aunt Flow was due to visit, 
I started taking First Response tests every other day..
all of which came back negative. 

2 days after AF was expected, we went out and bought the 
Clear Blue Digital tests and VOILA!
(I really did not want to try and decipher little pink lines I wanted results!!)

I was able to eat my breakfast each morning - toast, banana, OJ
and for the rest of the day, the smell, sight, or 
thought of any food made me want to barf.
I had to eat out almost every night ($$$) because the 
instant something sounded edible, I had to scarf it down.
For some reason the only things that ever sounded good were
Chik-fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwiches, smoothies
 and the occasional burrito from our local Mexican place.

My evenings were spent curled in a ball on the couch or bed
 trying my darnedest to keep down whatever food was in my tummy.

My symptoms were pretty friendly otherwise, thank goodness.
I had super sore boobs for the first few weeks and it has
since simmered down a little, but still a tad sore.
There was a little cramping which I think is mostly 
from my organs making room for the little one.
And I still have yet to spend a moment kneeling over the toilet.

Here we get intimate because I think any mother-to-be should know this.
I had the typical brief implantation bleeding.
About 1 week later, I woke up to bloody underwear.
Ladies, if this happens, notify your Dr. immediately
This went on for a few days, but was less and less. 
I saw my Primary and she said as long as there is no pain or cramping,
there should be nothing to worry about.
1 week later I saw the Physician's Assistant at the OB/GYN office.
She did an ultrasound and said everything was perfect :)
we got to see the heartbeat and she measured baby to be about 6 weeks. 
I had a follow up with her 2 weeks later.
Again, a perfect little gummy bear!
(that is actually the scientific term she used for an 8 week old fetus haha)
and this time we got to hear the little heartbeat 170 bpm!
So everything is in the clear!

I wanted to share this because I searched and searched
the internet, forums, etc. and only found stories that ended in miscarriages.
I want women to see that even though it is scary, it can still be a happy ending!

I look forward to sharing the rest of my journey with you 
and keeping you up-to-date on our little gummy bear